[Solved] Can't find project or library

Yeokrast

I have a file that I work in weekly, and suddenly I get an error message that pops up "Can't find project or library". It pops up twice when opening the file and each time you add/modify a formula.
I search in Visual Basic's References section to see if there is a "MISSING" prefix on any of the libraries, but there are none. What does this mean, and how am I able to fix this?

I have a file that I work in weekly, and suddenly I get an error message that pops up "Can't find project or library". It pops up twice when opening the file and each time you add/modify a formula.
I search in Visual Basic's References section to see if there is a "MISSING" prefix on any of the libraries, but there are none. What does this mean, and how am I able to fix this?
Dear Yeokrast, thank you for your question.

The error message "Can't find project or library" usually implies that a reference to a library or object in your code is missing or damaged. This can occur if the library or object was renamed, relocated, or deleted from your system.

Since you've already checked the References area of the Visual Basic editor and found no missing references, it's possible that the missing library or object is associated with an add-in or a third-party application.
To troubleshoot this problem, take the following steps:
  1. Restart your computer and try again to open the file. A simple restart might sometimes resolve the problem.
  2. Check to see if any new add-ins or third-party software have been installed on your system recently. If so, disable or remove them and see if that solves the problem.
  3. Make a new blank worksheet and copy the data and formulas from the problematic workbook into it. This can assist in narrowing down the problem to a specific workbook or worksheet.
  4. Check if the problem persists when you open the file on another computer. If the problem is limited to your machine, it could be due to a system setting or configuration.
  5. If none of the above steps work, you can try repairing or reinstalling Microsoft Office. This can help to fix any corrupted files or settings that may be causing the issue.

I hope you will get your solution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaroldDyeme