[Solved] File Explorer to Excel

Yeghiakk

Hi,
Is there anyway that you can export the file explorer's results to an excel file, and not just copy "Path"?
On other words, to document the list of files, with their details as they come up in file explorer screen, in an Excel file.
Much appreciated
Yeghi

Hi,
Is there anyway that you can export the file explorer's results to an excel file, and not just copy "Path"?
On other words, to document the list of files, with their details as they come up in file explorer screen, in an Excel file.
Much appreciated
Yeghi
Dear Yeghi,

Welcome to our ExcelDemy forum! I understand you wish to export the file explorer's results to an Excel file. To do so, you could use the command window.

dir *.accde > accde.txt

Afterward, open the file in Notepad. If you use a CSV extension, then it will open with Excel.
Otherwise, you can use Dir() and add each file to an Excel sheet with VBA.

Let me know if it works. Good luck!

Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Hi Yousuf,
thank you so much for your feedback. I was just wondering if there was a simple way of capturing the results in the file Explorer, as is, into Excel. "Copying as path," does not include the additional info. such as size, last modified, etc.
"Copy"ing the results, it copy the files as they are and not just the list.
So, not using the cmd window, and not using snip, no need the image, is there anyway we can capture the list from file explorer into Excel?

Thank you,
Yeghi

Hi Yousuf,
thank you so much for your feedback. I was just wondering if there was a simple way of capturing the results in the file Explorer, as is, into Excel. "Copying as path," does not include the additional info. such as size, last modified, etc.
"Copy"ing the results, it copy the files as they are and not just the list.
So, not using the cmd window, and not using snip, no need the image, is there anyway we can capture the list from file explorer into Excel?

Thank you,
Yeghi
Dear Yeghi,

Glad to hear from you again. I understand you wish to find a simpler way to get the results in the File Explorer, as is, into Excel. To do this, you can try the below VBA code:
Code:
Sub ShowFolderSize(filespec)
    Dim fs, f, s
    Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set f = fs.GetFolder(filespec)
    s = UCase(f.Name) & " uses " & f.size & " bytes."
    MsgBox s, 0, "Folder Size Info"
End Sub

Also, go to How to Use Excel VBA to Move Files for more methods. Good Luck!

Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaroldDyeme