[Solved] Simple Mailing facility within Local Area Network

myexcelacademy

I am working in an ISOLATED local area network, where there is NO INTERNET connection with the outside world.
The machines are on LAN. I need to make a simple mailing facility, where one user can send a mail to other user on another machine.
One machine may be used by more than one person at different times. All machines are installed with MS Office windows 11 professional. I can not access/download anything from outside the network. It is NOT possible to install any software on these machines. This looks like a primitive environment, but I am trying to find a simple solution, using MACRO / VBA in Excel.
Can anyone suggest some lead? Thanks

Can anyone suggest some lead?
Hello,

Welcome to our ExcelDemy forum! I understand you wish to create a Mailing Facility within Local Area Network with VBA. Here are some thoughts you can use for the lead.
  • If there is a Common folder (shared folder) on your LAN that anybody can access (read/write), you can put a Text file (the message) in that folder (using the name/IP of the recipient + the timestamp).
  • On the other side, the Excel file will have an OnTimer event that checks the Latest text file with the name/IP of his/her on the same folder.
  • If there is the latest text file, save the timestamp on some cells and notify the user of the New message. The user can open or ignore the message.
I hope these suggestions assist you in starting the facility. Thank you.

Regards,
Yousuf Khan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps