[Solved] Filter Values from Database Based on Multiple Condition

sems711

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone could help me with creating a database.
I need to be able to have one place where I can input my data and have it get sorted into different tables that I can filter. I tried the code with the "Add Data" and "Delete Data" button but I do not want to have to use multiple different buttons for each table. I have parts that all have different names and I need to track the serial numbers of each ones. Is there a way to make it that when I choose "Brakes" and add in "SN123" it will populate to the "Brakes" table and when I put in "Rods" and add in "SN321" it will populate to the Rods table?

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone could help me with creating a database.
I need to be able to have one place where I can input my data and have it get sorted into different tables that I can filter. I tried the code with the "Add Data" and "Delete Data" button but I do not want to have to use multiple different buttons for each table. I have parts that all have different names and I need to track the serial numbers of each ones. Is there a way to make it that when I choose "Brakes" and add in "SN123" it will populate to the "Brakes" table and when I put in "Rods" and add in "SN321" it will populate to the Rods table?
Hello Sems711,

To achieve the desired list follow the steps below.
Create a Data Entry sheet to insert your data. Here, I created a dummy dataset to populate the formulas.

Dataset.png

Then, create a sheet named Brakes and another named Rods.
In the Brakes and Rods sheet, set up the column names to fetch the data from the Data Entry sheet.
Enter the following formula to filter data for Brakes:
=SORT(FILTER(DataEntry!A:C, (DataEntry!C:C="Brakes") * ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SN123", DataEntry!B:B))))
Formula to Filter Values.png

Repeat this process for each part type, modifying the filter condition to match the respective part type.
=SORT(FILTER(DataEntry!A:C, (DataEntry!C:C="Rods") * ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SN321", DataEntry!B:B))))
2. Formula to Filter Values.png

If you want to populate the list based on the search then follow this article and youtube video:

Article: How to Create a Search Box in Excel for Multiple Sheets
Youtube Video: Create a Search Box for Multiple Sheets in Excel
Download the Excel file:

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member