[Solved] Define TO and FROM range for sum formulas

Ali.dmcc

Dear Experts,

I forgot the way to put a range of values in criteria for sum formulas i.e. i want to sum based on Account Codes FROM 210000 TO 219999. Please identify simplest way of doing this without use of mathematical operators.

Dear Experts,

I forgot the way to put a range of values in criteria for sum formulas i.e. i want to sum based on Account Codes FROM 210000 TO 219999. Please identify simplest way of doing this without use of mathematical operators.
Thank you Ali.dmcc for your query. As your problem involves multiple numerical criteria, you can use the following format of the SUMIF function to solve the problem.
=SUMIFS(Amounts, Account Codes, ">=210000", Account Codes, "<=219999")
Here you need to modify the formula according to your range of data. For instance, you want to sum some amounts in B2:B7 based on their corresponding Account Code in the C2:C7 range. So in your output cell, you need to replace Ammounts and Account Codes with B2:B7 and C2:C7 respectively.
Also Note that the account codes in the Account Codes range must be formatted as text, not as numbers, to work this formula correctly. You can format the cells as text by selecting them, right-clicking on your mouse, and choosing the Format Cells option. Then select Text under Category.
Good Luck!

Miran
Team Exceldemy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps