[Solved] Pivot table - Refresh Data

Nikhil Patki

I have excel sheet created in my office desktop
also created a pivot table using the Data from the file in other sheet of same file.

having some extra work i transferred the excel workbook to my home desktop using whatsapp message.
but when i finished my work in the workbook I tried to refresh the Pivot table to see updated numbers.
but excel provided an error to update data stating the original file path that was of my office desktop.
same error had arrived when i initially opened the workbook on my system.

Using a normal Excel table and pivot table created from the data of the table
why excel is showing me office desktop path of file is a very surprising thing for me.
I hope I would get a proper clarification regarding this error and also my doubt

I have excel sheet created in my office desktop
also created a pivot table using the Data from the file in other sheet of same file.

having some extra work i transferred the excel workbook to my home desktop using whatsapp message.
but when i finished my work in the workbook I tried to refresh the Pivot table to see updated numbers.
but excel provided an error to update data stating the original file path that was of my office desktop.
same error had arrived when i initially opened the workbook on my system.

Using a normal Excel table and pivot table created from the data of the table
why excel is showing me office desktop path of file is a very surprising thing for me.
I hope I would get a proper clarification regarding this error and also my doubt
Hello Nikhil Patki,
Thanks for sharing your problem with us. From your problem description, I understand that the Pivot Table in the workbook transferred from your office desktop to the home desktop is linked to the office desktop path instead of the home desktop path. This can happen only if your source data worksheet (in both workbooks) is importing data from the office desktop file.

To check external workbook links present in your home desktop workbook, go to the Data tab and click the Workbook Links option.
BlfmYdbQAhWV-gs56i1PonGer1ZA4f5gNMDu3B9-ZzDLHTAo7_R4p5ZkndNdUo0FtnYdWXsK_0m9OXsCaSdE_waynkmFs8sDYQj14IWmcp4RR-_QQzm1a8xHZ7zaT92baSr9WCqI4kAI-x2fWlON148

It will help you to understand which data is linked to the office desktop file. Then, you can just edit this incorrectly linked data and resolve your problem.​

Regards,
Team ExcelDemy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps