[Solved] Pivot Table - Update Data / Refresh

Nikhil Patki

Facing issue in updating / refreshing the Pivot Table data
when i relocate the file from its original destination of creation.

Pop up message arrives stating unable to refresh data, stating the file path ( location ) of pivot table / excel file
1) when the file is opened
2) when i try manually to refresh the data

Facing issue in updating / refreshing the Pivot Table data
when i relocate the file from its original destination of creation.

Pop up message arrives stating unable to refresh data, stating the file path ( location ) of pivot table / excel file
1) when the file is opened
2) when i try manually to refresh the data
Dear Nikhil Patki,
Thanks for reaching us. I understand that you are not able to update or refresh Pivot Tables in your worksheet. This may happen if the Pivot Table in your worksheet is linked to another Excel file and this source file is moved, renamed, or deleted. I have shown a similar problem in the following image:
JCRs3cieGKqRncRiOU-xl2zMbz_DF8QBzGuVcj09rRegs63j6BIG9Lvh2OuUzZodyvkpc_5mFZL_Cf-QdkHvVeFHuycaL08rvWg9FTEHLSHbbOejazs0QoOE5zMIEngNBY3SodQzzzMJevmLDxttH-g

To fix this issue, go to the Data tab >> Click the Workbook Links button >> Click the three dots (...) symbol from the Workbook Links side pane >> Select Change Source command.

G3aVaZoH64AXaxBmdjJ-RQb6YU9OrZgnO5rg5LEbb8U6UzINYxbWE4rUKw34B6ic6Yhjko1QZjYwqi19udfApiuwsjQDQBgNewsluNtJ9WgQvUxQgGrBBaD8gphjSLkjV57Q2WROJQ5ntO1L03xwjU4

Afterward, in the Change Source dialog box, select the source Excel file from the Recent workbooks or Browse from your computer memory. Finally, click the Select button to update the linked file location.
BbUdiD830_HRUakyULELqdNrg_3cA6EJbJDh9icK2H5LAocuQk0eHRoCHS8ZTKD8O4AINtvhT6_hyGeVdOzCtING0kqOAfS_05Ymb5cEmj0SBPu0EJoNqrtkV-xiL6GjrCcJ_IkvtVIHoJzWlpaDcIQ

Now you can update or refresh the Pivot Table.

I hope this solution will solve your problem. Let us know your feedback.

Regards,
Team ExcelDemy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps