[Solved] Please help me to do this...

john2030

How could I do these?
I saw a tiktok video. There the guy gives any Name and the meaning of the very name is coming out.. Please let me know how to do this ... Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614-182831_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614-182831_Gallery.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 5
How could I do these?
I saw a tiktok video. There the guy gives any Name and the meaning of the very name is coming out.. Please let me know how to do this ... Thank you in advance
Hello John,

Welcome to ExcelDemy Forum! I think you wish to create a function in Excel where you input a name and the meaning of the respective name will appear. Unfortunately, Microsoft Excel does not provide any in-built service like this.

I am not sure what the guy in the Tiktok video is doing, but you can easily accomplish that using an HTTP request to some web service that gives you the definition of names. Afterward, you create the function in VBA or use the built-in feature of the newest versions of Excel for that.

Let me know if you have further inquiries about this.

Best Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Thank you very much for your kind responses. Could you please provide me a template for such thing kindly? Or could you help to create such file with VBA function ore build-in fearure? I already have been using MS Office 2021.. I would be very grateful if you would help me..

Thank you very much for your kind responses. Could you please provide me a template for such thing kindly? Or could you help to create such file with VBA function ore build-in fearure? I already have been using MS Office 2021.. I would be very grateful if you would help me..
Hello John,

Thank you for your feedback. In your second post, I understand you want us to create a template related to your first post. But creating such projects or templates could involve a lot of effort and time, and frankly quite impossible if the proper environment is unknown.

In this forum, we try our best to solve Excel problems with ideas. We could list more methods to search name meanings like using a lookup function that checks a list of definitions in the same worksheet, same workbook, another workbook, some access database, a text file, and hardcoded definitions. But, to have a list of keywords and meanings that go with them requires an infrastructure that can support what you just requested. Fortunately, our team is now working on big projects like this. Contact us by using
[email protected] this Email.
You also can explore our ExcelDemy site if you wish to do so.

Best Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps