[Solved] SUMIF formula

tjsage

I am working on a spreadsheet that is using the sumif formula however when populating the formula, the range flips from a cell range to a name that is not noted in the range that is being selected. Please see the attached for an example. I am trying to replicate this in another document but cannot figure it out. I do not know where the "kevinprojects_PP07" is coming from as part of the description column. it only appears when I get to the last cell at the bottom of the range "Leave-vacation, sick, stat holiday"

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 5
I am working on a spreadsheet that is using the sumif formula however when populating the formula, the range flips from a cell range to a name that is not noted in the range that is being selected. Please see the attached for an example. I am trying to replicate this in another document but cannot figure it out. I do not know where the "kevinprojects_PP07" is coming from as part of the description column. it only appears when I get to the last cell at the bottom of the range "Leave-vacation, sick, stat holiday"
Hello Tjsage,
Thanks for reaching out. When applying the formula, the range flips from a cell range to a name that is not noted in the range that is being selected. The issue occurs when we address a range that belongs to a table. To be more specific, after turning a range into a table by using Ctrl+T or any other way and checking the option, My table has column headers. Latterly, when we try to use a column that belongs to that table. It automatically applies the syntax using the table name and column name. In your demonstration, Kevinprojects_PP07 is used as a table name. For Example, using the Description column in the formula inserts the proper syntax like Kevinprojects_PP07[Description].

Feel free to contact us again with any other inquiries or concerns.

Regards
Lutfor Rahman Shimanto

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps