[Solved] error invalid qualifier

bigme

dear friend,
kindly help me, which part of this code is wrong?

thankyou,
BigMe

Sub hitung()

If Worksheets("Quotation").Cells("C2") = "TH-K45R" And Worksheets("Quotation").Cells("C3") = "REGULER" Then
Worksheets("Quotation").Range("C12") = _
Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R")).Range("I2:M2").Value + Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R").Range("H202").Value
End If

End Sub

dear friend,
kindly help me, which part of this code is wrong?

thankyou,
BigMe

Sub hitung()

If Worksheets("Quotation").Cells("C2") = "TH-K45R" And Worksheets("Quotation").Cells("C3") = "REGULER" Then
Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R")).Range("I2:M2").Value + Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R").Range("H202").Value
End If

End Sub
Hello BigMe,
Thank you for your question. You are getting the “invalid qualifier” error because you have used the closing parenthesis of the Sum function after the worksheet name as a result it is taking the worksheet as the argument. But the arguments of the Sum function can be a range of cells, not a worksheet. For this reason, you are getting this error.

1.png

You must use the closing parentheses after selecting all the arguments and use “,” instead of “+” between two arguments like the following image.

2.png

If you run this code at this stage you will still get an error named “Invalid procedure call or argument”. The reason behind this error is, you have used the Cells property here but you have selected a range inside it.

3.png

Here, you can use the Range object like the following image to get rid of this error.

4.png

Or, you can use the Cells property. But in this case, you will have to select the row index number and column index number of the cell that you want to define. Have a look at the following image for a better understanding.

5.png

Finally, you can modify your code like the following code to get rid of the error and get your desired output.
Code:
Sub hitung()

If Worksheets("Quotation").Cells(2, 3) = "TH-K45R" And Worksheets("Quotation").Cells(3, 3) = "REGULER" Then
Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R").Range("I2:M2").Value, Worksheets("Breakdown TH-K45R").Range("H202").Value)
End If

End Sub

I hope this will solve your problem. Please let us know if you face any problems.

Regards
Mashhura Jahan

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonRip