[Solved] Excel Query- Percentages calculations

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance.

1. How do we calculate the Average percentage for Overtime units? Note that in the whole headcount, only a few employees were counted for those overtime units. working File is attached.
2. Percentage for hours worked. Note that all employees worked 173.36 hours a month. What is the percentage of hours worked? working File is attached.

Excel type- 365.

Attachments

• Excel Questions.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance.

1. How do we calculate the Average percentage for Overtime units? Note that in the whole headcount, only a few employees were counted for those overtime units. working File is attached.
2. Percentage for hours worked. Note that all employees worked 173.36 hours a month. What is the percentage of hours worked? working File is attached.

Excel type- 365.

Dear Jasper, Thank you so much for your questions.
Here, you can get your solution for your question 1: Follow the below steps properly.
1. For your first question, follow the steps accordingly:
Step1
:
  • Firstly, you will calculate the sum of all overtime units using the SUM function.
1.png
Step 2:
  • Then, you will calculate the average of overtime units by using the AVERAGE function.
2.png
Step 3:
  • Finally, you will get the percentage of the average overtime units.
3.png

2. For your second question, follow the steps accordingly:

Step1
:
  • Firstly, we have calculated the total number of employees who worked overtime by using the COUNT function.
4.png
Step 2:
  • Therefore, you will see the percentage of employees who work more than 40 hours.
5.png

Now, you can see the Excel file which we have attached here for your assistance.

Attachments

• Excel Questions.xlsx
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
Dear Shamimarita,

Thanks, you for your feedback.

However, i still have some question. See below:

How do you see who has completed 40 hours from your work? All I see is Count of affected staff / total staff. And when you format those percentages from question 1 and 2, all of them they give you more than 100% you please clarify.

1680510232836.png

Dear Shamimarita,

Thanks, you for your feedback.

However, i still have some question. See below:

How do you see who has completed 40 hours from your work? All I see is Count of affected staff / total staff. And when you format those percentages from question 1 and 2, all of them they give you more than 100% you please clarify.

View attachment 204
Dear Jasper,

Thank you for your question.
So, your question was how to get a percentage of employees who worked more than 40 hours. That is why, we have calculated the percentage of employees who worked more than 40 hours. Your total amount of staff was 26, and 7 staff who worked overtime. And we have shown this in an excel sheet according to your data set. Please check the answers and the questions properly.

Good Luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonRip