[Solved] Gave another user my workbook to test & he receives error about Macros.

Gwolfe7

I have a sheet with checkboxes/buttons that run Macros. Is there a way to code to enable macros in the background & then reset them when Excel is closed? My users would not understand going thru Trust Settings, enabling Macros, etc. I’ve spent hours building this workbook as a beginner & now it seems I’m unable to share it (sorry to be negative).

Thanks for your review.

I have a sheet with checkboxes/buttons that run Macros. Is there a way to code to enable macros in the background & then reset them when Excel is closed? My users would not understand going thru Trust Settings, enabling Macros, etc. I’ve spent hours building this workbook as a beginner & now it seems I’m unable to share it (sorry to be negative).

Thanks for your review.
Hi Gwolfe7,
Enabling macros using VBA code isn't possible because of security concerns. But don't worry, there's an easy way to enable macros in Excel files created on other computers without having to go to the Trust Center settings. Just follow these simple steps and let us know if they work for your users.

Regards

Hi Gwolfe7,
Enabling macros using VBA code isn't possible because of security concerns. But don't worry, there's an easy way to enable macros in Excel files created on other computers without having to go to the Trust Center settings. Just follow these simple steps and let us know if they work for your users.

Regards
Thanks for your message however none of my files have that option (screen capture attached). Are you saying the user I sent this to should check the unblock checkbox?

Attachments

• Hidden box.JPG
    Hidden box.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for your message however none of my files have that option (screen capture attached). Are you saying the user I sent this to should check the unblock checkbox?
As you are already able to run the macro in this file on your computer, it is already unblocked hence you will not see the Unblock checkbox. However, on your user's computer, it will display an Unblock checkbox like this:
1702953872002.png
Checking this checkbox should enable the users to run macros on their computers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps