[Solved] Get a specific answer from multiple columns

coco

if i have 3 different columns for mild, serious and critical defects.. and another column under components, is there any formula for me to use such that if i type for example "steel" i can instantly find out which category it is under and which defect it is specifically

Last edited:
if i have 3 different columns for mild, serious and critical defects.. and another column under components, is there any formula for me to use such that if i type for example "steel" i can instantly find out which category it is under and which defect it is specifically
Hello Coco,

Thank you for your post. However, in your post, it is not clear where the "steel" lookup value will be located in the lookup table. Could you please provide a sample dataset to help us gain a complete understanding of how your data is organized?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Aniruddah
Team Exceldemy

Hello Coco,

Thank you for your post. However, in your post, it is not clear where the "steel" lookup value will be located in the lookup table. Could you please provide a sample dataset to help us gain a complete understanding of how your data is organized?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Aniruddah
Team Exceldemy
1700644298086.png

Hi! this is my excel, thank you in advance

View attachment 1056

Hi! this is my excel, thank you in advance
From your shared screenshot, I can't see any column for Material. In order to look up a value in Excel, we need to maintain a certain structure so that we can formulate a lookup formula using different lookup functions (such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, etc).
For example, I have taken sample data based on your information and arranged them to perform a lookup operation using the VLOOKUP function.

1700719029570.gif

Hence, I recommend you arrange your data in such a way that you'll be able to perform the lookup operation. Am I touching I am attaching the sample Excel file for your convenience.

Regards
Aniruddah
Team Exceldemy

Attachments

• Lookup data.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads