[Solved] Help don't know what's wrong : SUMIF Formula Not Working

Greetings rbarrentine,
Thanks a lot for sharing your problem in our forum. By looking at your formula, it seems like you want to sum values based on the condition. In this case, it seems like your arguments are in the wrong order. The only possible way to give you a solution to this problem is to have you share the dataset file with us. Nevertheless, I am sharing the general syntax of the SUMIF function with you so that you can solve the problem by yourself, if you are still facing the issue, you can send us the file, and then we can solve your issue. You can also follow this article: How to Use SUMIF Function in Excel (7 Suitable Examples).
The general syntax of the SUMIF function is that,
1690264139413.png
That means the first argument in the SUMIF function has to be the range, in which we will evaluate the criteria. If the criteria matched, then we can sum the value placed in the third range. Repeat the same pattern for the multiple criteria. So if you have range of cell which need to be summed based on criteria, then it can be a very good option for you.

This is crazy. (D2:D10000)
I still can't figure out what is wrong now
Greetings rbarrentine,
Your comment literally has emoji in the formula. So it is quite understandable why your formula is not working. You really need to add your own file or at least an image showing what you actually want to do with the SUMIF function at all in order for us to assist you. I also suggest you review the article in the comment before and try to follow that diligently. If you have any more questions even after this, then you can contact us always.

Ragards
Rubayed Razib

The workers have different payout amounts . Payout Drywall is the formula I'm trying to use per worker amount.
=SUMIF(0.13*I2,D2=("Panther"),0.14*I2,D2=("Isaac"),0.16*I2,D2=("Mano"),0.18*I2,D2=("Fabin"),0.16*I2,D2=("Salvador")))

When I tried to do it like this =sumIF(D2, "Panther",[0.13*I2]) which is what I thought you meant, It didn't work. So I tried to make D2: D1000, a different range? I am uneducated on this besides basic excel

Greetings rbarrentine,
I think I understand your issue after reading the comment and investigating the dataset file that you have attached. Although I think the file you sent still lacks some of the data.
I think you wanted to estimate the payout for drywall according to the person's name. And the rate will vary according to their name. So if the person's name is "Panther" then you can multiply the SQFT values by 0.13 and have this value in the cell. and repeat the whole process for the rest of the cell. For this SUMIF function is a wrong choice of function. It simply won't work here. You can solve this issue in multiple ways, like using FIlter, VBA, POWER QUERY, nested IF, etc. For the sake of simplicity, we are going to use the Nested If loop to resolve this issue.
you can enter the following formula in the cell K2,
=IF(D2="Panther",I2*0.13,IF(D2="Isaac",I2*0.14,IF(D2="Mano",I2*0.16,IF(D2="Favin",I2*0.18,IF(D2="Salvador",0.16*I2)))))
1690445680211.png

As you can see that the Payout values in the cell K2is now showing according to the perosn name in the cell D2.Moreover to calculate the whole cost of the payout for total dates, we presented another formula in the cell L35,
=SUMIF(D2:D31,J35,K2:K31)
1690446771132.png

You just have to change the Worker name in cell J35, after then you will see that the Paymoput value will be shown in cell L35 for all of the entries named after Isaac.
I have also attached the Excel file with this comment. If you have any more queries then you should not hesitate to inform us again.

Thanks and regards
Rubayed Razib

Attachments

• PO Data.xlsx
    100 KB · Views: 0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members