i have the data like this

45890123 - this no in 1 st row
3 - this no in 2nd row

i want out put like this - 458901233 in one row

Attachments

• excel query.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Dear satyak,

Thanks for sharing your problem with us. I understand that you want to combine cell values from two rows to one cell. As the data in your provided sample contained numerical values, I can show you two methods to merge the required values. Here, I will use the following dataset-​
lL7BjfgK6h2HM18Qrj0zXoaMDBQkj5mT3FYFsOViFAqjlXMWVw0qIISO3Ae8KBFB8V6YY1gd3s8c-uHEU4O907xcvP5US5Q1WkdD6PHBYwm3WjsRqvjrHdWC3TXqqBlI7v1OIpCQDEyrh8v2CMT6DoM

Combining as text:
Select Cell B3 >> insert the following formula >> press the Enter key >> drag the Fill Handle icon to the right to copy the formula in the remaining cells.​
=CONCATENATE(B1,B2)
R-VP3DCKfTq4hKHHWIMlB68jEAuRg1YQ-uiUJ1xGzzvidE-fsKR3v3KnEVe_bsiAJKui2BZLFfkRs8NKojjZqlfJVU3fuLa7cjk7zs326MDXnBbd9XGnVmZZXrXn9SmUCGG51RxMvFK4KbB249cWGrI
Other than the CONCATENATE function, we can also use the CONCAT and TEXTJOIN functions.

Combining as numbers:
Select Cell B3 >> insert the following formula >> press the Enter key >> drag the Fill Handle icon to the right to copy the formula in the remaining cells.​
=B1*10+B2
0PpwmT1a9vlZDfcsmPZ-poR28dWMXZ_fTn2Mh1bJ_sXaLc-GCn1y__sGbLzM0pDo_fqj0y-r6xSjrUvAf2zzHiFlsnid1o0ZmBzEtKwX0AgGduDMRyoICKDb9oKzz9bFNKp2B2DRsh29zHxqXNvVLwM

Use these methods according to your requirement. Let us know your feedback. The workbook used for solving this problem is attached below.​

Regards,
Seemanto Saha
ExcelDemy

Attachments

• solution to excel query.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
I also have same problem. In one sheet I have numbers from 0 to 15 in column as number but i need to copy that data in other sheet regularly and in other sheet that column is as text because i need leading 0 from 0 to 9 and i am doing it manually,
Please tell me is it possible in any way to get leading zero in text column like 00 , 01, 02 instead of 0, 1, 2 on pasting that data.
I tried some methods but every time when i paste that data so it doesn't add that leading zero.

Hello mathi,
Welcome to ExcelDemy Forum and thanks for sharing your problem with us. I understand that you want to add leading zeroes for 0 to 9 while copying the numbers 0 to 15 from another sheet. We can accomplish this using the TEXT function.​

Here, I have taken the numbers 0 to 15 in a worksheet named “Numbers”.

KFE6Ig16KKg43oSb2HphYEX9iLA1WdR9LX8jXGFvlYhJEkn4mmmY9NF9N8iPFRvpzI4bkY1P-JncT_8iUWJ2UP7b8PUHefrb4xAqFprrzN6HVBILdal9CPG3JYHTSR9QojI7KCp5Y99edHWZ6Yf9Spw

To copy these numbers to another sheet with the required text formatting, I used the following formula in Cell A2, pressed the Enter key, and dragged down the Fill Handle icon.​

=TEXT(Numbers!A2,"00")

W7X8FWEffFAMqHp3yRvgclkE-qxn64BzAAaZGOpgwLXdlO6mbfQ1rVGnlN7XddCH9sTYrjkJNqRGM6r73WpLuq2ch-d5W0iAEvQJ0Gs3uxCVuIT-yZTSGP-d3OqgudKlbOB09qAS4R-GSiu2Q7SmgUE

Here, the “Numbers!” part in the formula refers to the sheet from where the numbers are copied. Replace it with the name of your required worksheet.

I hope this resolves your problem. Let us know your feedback.

Regards,
Seemanto Saha
ExcelDemy

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member