[Solved] Pivot table data link to another tab in same sheet

chili

Hi,
I have create the pivot table from my master data sheet, i need to link the pivot table included data , to another tab in same excel book. Once it link to relevant sheet its show and not properly insert the data for given sheet. (eg: =GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Annual Cost (2023)",'Option 01 Summary (2)'!$A$50,"Locattion ","ABC") linked formula is this.
Could be help on this

I have create the pivot table from my master data sheet, i need to link the pivot table included data , to another tab in same excel book. Once it link to relevant sheet its show and not properly insert the data for given sheet. (eg: =GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Annual Cost (2023)",'Option 01 Summary (2)'!$A$50,"Locattion ","ABC") linked formula is this.
Hello Chili,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I understand you are facing some issues with connecting Pivot table to your data in another tab. You can overlook these factors before we can reach a point of solution.

1. I have found a couple of spacing & typing mistakes in the given formula. Are they intended?
2. Naturally, you can recheck the given references in your formula. For example, 'Option 01 Summary (2)'!$A$50 has to be the cell references within your pivot table.
Here is a possible corrected version of your formula:
Code:
=GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Annual Cost (2023)", PivotTableReference, "Location", "ABC")
By the look of the formula, I also think dynamic referencing should make your table more effective. Read this article for details:
Create Pivot Table in Excel for Different Worksheets
If you still facing issues, please share your workbook here.

Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonkfps