[Solved] Rank Formula

Jululian

Dear All,
May I kindly request your help with the ranking formula? as I was getting decimals in a rank column
I do appreciate you assisting me this issue

Thanks and Regards

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 6
Dear Jululian,

I hope you are doing well. I've used the ROUNDUP and ROUND formulas to avoid the decimals in rank. Where numbers are rounded up if the decimal values are less than 0.5, or rounded and added +1 to the next integer if they are equal to or greater than 0.5. You can change the condition based on your data.

Formula : =IFERROR(IF(F5-INT(F5)>=0.8, ROUND(F5,0)+1, ROUNDUP(F5,0)),"")

Forum rank problem 1.png

The reason for using the condition greater than or equal to 0.5 is:

forum rank problem 2.png

Attachments

• Solution File.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 2
Dear Jululian,

I hope you are doing well. I've used the ROUNDUP and ROUND formulas to avoid the decimals in rank. Where numbers are rounded up if the decimal values are less than 0.5, or rounded and added +1 to the next integer if they are equal to or greater than 0.5. You can change the condition based on your data.

Formula : =IFERROR(IF(F5-INT(F5)>=0.8, ROUND(F5,0)+1, ROUNDUP(F5,0)),"")

View attachment 1280

The reason for using the condition greater than or equal to 0.5 is:

View attachment 1281
Many thanks for your reply and for your time​
may I kindly request that I need to fix my formula, not the helper column and thank you agian​

Many thanks for your reply and for your time​
may I kindly request that I need to fix my formula, not the helper column and thank you agian​
You can use this formula : =IFERROR( IF(D5=0, "",IF(D5>0, IF( SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44))-INT(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)))>=0.8,ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),0)+1,ROUNDUP(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),0)), "" ) ), "")

To avoid a lengthy formula I used the previous formula.

If you are an advanced Excel user you can follow this formula too: =IFERROR(IF(D5=0,"",LET(sumProd,SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),IF(sumProd-INT(sumProd)>=0.8,ROUND(sumProd,0)+1,ROUNDUP(sumProd,0)))),"")

You can use this formula : =IFERROR( IF(D5=0, "",IF(D5>0, IF( SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44))-INT(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)))>=0.8,ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),0)+1,ROUNDUP(SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),0)), "" ) ), "")

If you are an advanced Excel user you can follow this formula too: =IFERROR(IF(D5=0,"",LET(sumProd,SUMPRODUCT(($B$5:$B$44=B5)*($C$5:$C$44=C5),(D5<=$D$5:$D$44)/COUNTIF($D$5:$D$44,$D$5:$D$44)),IF(sumProd-INT(sumProd)>=0.8,ROUND(sumProd,0)+1,ROUNDUP(sumProd,0)))),"")

Attachments

• Book3.xlsx
    32.3 KB · Views: 2

i am very sorry the formula is not working properly I attached the sheet for your kind review

i am very sorry the formula is not working properly I attached the sheet for your kind review
Hello Jululian

We have reviewed your dataset and found that developing a formula using Excel's built-in functions to find sales rank based on department and section would be time-consuming.

So, we recommend using an Excel VBA User-defined function to meet your expectations when calculating sales rank.

Follow these steps:
  1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBE.
  2. Click on Insert followed by Module.
  3. Paste the following code in the Module and save it:
    Code:
    Function SalesRank(rngDepartment As Range, rngSection As Range, rngSales As Range, rngCellRange As Range) As Variant

Dim lastRow As Long
        Dim currentDept As String
        Dim currentSection As String
        Dim currentSales As Long
        Dim currentRank As Variant
        Dim i As Long

lastRow = rngDepartment.Parent.Cells(rngDepartment.Parent.Rows.Count, rngDepartment.Column).End(xlUp).Row

currentDept = rngDepartment.Cells(1).Value
        currentSection = rngSection.Cells(1).Value
        currentSales = rngSales.Cells(1).Value
        currentRank = 1

For i = 1 To lastRow
            If rngDepartment.Cells(i).Value <> currentDept Or rngSection.Cells(i).Value <> currentSection Then
                currentRank = 1
                currentDept = rngDepartment.Cells(i).Value
                currentSection = rngSection.Cells(i).Value
                currentSales = rngSales.Cells(i).Value
            End If

If rngSales.Cells(i).Value = 0 Then
                currentRank = ""
            Else
                If rngSales.Cells(i).Value < currentSales Then
                    currentRank = currentRank + 1
                End If
            End If

If rngCellRange.Cells(1).Row = rngSales.Cells(i).Row And rngCellRange.Cells(1).Column = rngSales.Cells(i).Column Then
                SalesRank = currentRank
                Exit Function
            End If
        Next i

SalesRank = currentRank

End Function
    Paste the given code in the module and save.png
  4. Return to the sheet and select the desired cell.
  5. Apply the following formula:
    =SalesRank($B$2:$B$162,$C$2:$C$162,$D$2:$D$162,D2)
  6. Use the Fill Handle icon to copy the formula down.
    Insert the given formula in the desired cell and drag the  Fill Handle icon to copy the formul...png
I am attaching the solution workbook for better understanding. I hope the User-defined function will help you; good luck.

Regards
Lutfor Rahman Shimanto
Excel & VBA Developer
ExcelDemy

Attachments

• Jululian (SOLVED).xlsm
    41.3 KB · Views: 1
Hello Jululian

We have reviewed your dataset and found that developing a formula using Excel's built-in functions to find sales rank based on department and section would be time-consuming.

So, we recommend using an Excel VBA User-defined function to meet your expectations when calculating sales rank.

Follow these steps:
  1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBE.
  2. Click on Insert followed by Module.
  3. Paste the following code in the Module and save it:
    Code:
    Function SalesRank(rngDepartment As Range, rngSection As Range, rngSales As Range, rngCellRange As Range) As Variant

Dim lastRow As Long
        Dim currentDept As String
        Dim currentSection As String
        Dim currentSales As Long
        Dim currentRank As Variant
        Dim i As Long

lastRow = rngDepartment.Parent.Cells(rngDepartment.Parent.Rows.Count, rngDepartment.Column).End(xlUp).Row

currentDept = rngDepartment.Cells(1).Value
        currentSection = rngSection.Cells(1).Value
        currentSales = rngSales.Cells(1).Value
        currentRank = 1

For i = 1 To lastRow
            If rngDepartment.Cells(i).Value <> currentDept Or rngSection.Cells(i).Value <> currentSection Then
                currentRank = 1
                currentDept = rngDepartment.Cells(i).Value
                currentSection = rngSection.Cells(i).Value
            End If

If rngSales.Cells(i).Value = 0 Then
                currentRank = ""
            Else
                If rngSales.Cells(i).Value < currentSales Then
                    currentRank = currentRank + 1
                End If
            End If

If rngCellRange.Cells(1).Row = rngSales.Cells(i).Row And rngCellRange.Cells(1).Column = rngSales.Cells(i).Column Then
                SalesRank = currentRank
                Exit Function
            End If
        Next i

SalesRank = currentRank

End Function
    View attachment 1289
  4. Return to the sheet and select the desired cell.
  5. Apply the following formula:
  6. Use the Fill Handle icon to copy the formula down.
    View attachment 1288
I am attaching the solution workbook for better understanding. I hope the User-defined function will help you; good luck.

Regards
Lutfor Rahman Shimanto
Excel & VBA Developer
ExcelDemy
many many thanks for a great solution and your response many thanks again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members