[Solved] Saving New Cases

Ahmd.HM

Hi Sir,
thank you for your help which you provide recently, but I need some more please.
in the attached "Sch-OPD_New-Pat" >>> sheet "Main" I added new Patients data that is not exist in the sheet "LineList" (the yellow cells).
I need a macro to add the new data lines from "Main" to the "LineList" before I update the phone numbers.
so, the new macro will search for the Pat_Code, if the code doesn't exist in "LineList" it will be added in the next row ( 21>22>23...).
for example:
* sheet "Main" - range (A13 : D13) will be saved in a new row in sheet "LineList" (row21 in this situation) >>> range (A21 : D21)
after that:
* sheet "Main" - range (A16 : D16) will be saved in a new row in sheet "LineList" (row22)>>>range (A22 : D22)
and so on...

thank you so much💐

Attachments

• Sch-OPD_New-Pat.xlsm
    595.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Sir,
thank you for your help which you provide recently, but I need some more please.
in the attached "Sch-OPD_New-Pat" >>> sheet "Main" I added new Patients data that is not exist in the sheet "LineList" (the yellow cells).
I need a macro to add the new data lines from "Main" to the "LineList" before I update the phone numbers.
so, the new macro will search for the Pat_Code, if the code doesn't exist in "LineList" it will be added in the next row ( 21>22>23...).
for example:
* sheet "Main" - range (A13 : D13) will be saved in a new row in sheet "LineList" (row21 in this situation) >>> range (A21 : D21)
after that:
* sheet "Main" - range (A16 : D16) will be saved in a new row in sheet "LineList" (row22)>>>range (A22 : D22)
and so on...

thank you so much💐
Hello AhmdHM

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your problem. You wanted a VBA code that searches for the Pat_Code in the Main sheet; if the code doesn't exist in the LineList, it will be added in the next row.

I am delighted to inform you that I have developed an Excel VBA Sub-procedure to fulfil your requirements. To automate the sub-procedure, you can call this procedure within a suitable event like the Worksheet_Change() event.
Follow these steps:
  1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBE.
  2. Click on Insert followed by Module.
  3. Insert the following code in the module and Run.
    Code:
    Sub CopyMissingRows()

Dim mainSheet As Worksheet
        Dim lineListSheet As Worksheet
        Dim mainLastRow As Long
        Dim lineListLastRow As Long
        Dim mainCell As Range
        Dim lineListCell As Range
        Dim searchValue As Variant

Set mainSheet = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Main")
        Set lineListSheet = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("LineList")

mainLastRow = mainSheet.Cells(mainSheet.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
        lineListLastRow = lineListSheet.Cells(lineListSheet.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For Each mainCell In mainSheet.Range("A2:A" & mainLastRow)

If IsNumeric(mainCell.Value) And Not IsEmpty(mainCell.Value) Then

searchValue = mainCell.Value

Set lineListCell = lineListSheet.Columns("A").Find(What:=searchValue, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)

If lineListCell Is Nothing Then
                    mainSheet.Range("A" & mainCell.Row & ":D" & mainCell.Row).Copy
                    lineListSheet.Range("A" & lineListLastRow + 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
                    Application.CutCopyMode = False
                    lineListLastRow = lineListLastRow + 1
                End If

End If
        Next mainCell

Set mainSheet = Nothing
        Set lineListSheet = Nothing

End Sub
    Insert the given code in module and Run.png
After running the Excel VBA Sub-procedure, you will see an output like the following GIF.
Output of running Excel VBA code.gif

Hopefully, the idea will help you to reach your goal. I have attached the solution workbook. Good luck.

Regards
Lutfor Rahman Shimanto
Excel & VBA Developer
ExcelDemy

Attachments

• Ahmd.HM (SOLVED).xlsm
    598 KB · Views: 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics