[Solved] Why my bell graph is floating?

cljavier

Hello Teachers,

Good day. I saw your video online about "How to Create Skewed Bell Curve in Excel" and found it very informative. However, I am troubled with the given data my professor tasked me to do. This is our Midterm project in Intro to Analytics and I couldn't figure out if my graph is acceptable or if there is something wrong with my calculation. I hope you see my message. Thank you and God bless.

Attachments

• ACTivity 1 Revise.xlsx
    19.5 KB · Views: 1
Hello Teachers,

Good day. I saw your video online about "How to Create Skewed Bell Curve in Excel" and found it very informative. However, I am troubled with the given data my professor tasked me to do. This is our Midterm project in Intro to Analytics and I couldn't figure out if my graph is acceptable or if there is something wrong with my calculation. I hope you see my message. Thank you and God bless.
Hello Cljavier

Welcome to ExcelDemy Forum! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your queries.

We have reviewed your work and the dataset and found that the data you provided depicts a negatively skewed distribution, not a positively skewed one. The skewness value signifies a negative skew, in this case, -0.411312752. Again, if Mean < Median < Mode satisfies, we can say that the distribution is negatively distributed; in this case, 67.0375 < 69.5 < 70.

1711601774272.png

In a negatively skewed distribution, the tail extends towards the left side. In other words, a negatively skewed bell curve has a long tail pointing towards the left.

Your calculations seem correct. In my view, your graph with a negative skew is an acceptable representation of the life expectancy data.

I am attaching the workbook used to investigate your work; good luck.

Regards
Lutfor Rahman Shimanto
ExcelDemy

Attachments

• Cljavier (SOLVED).xlsx
    24.3 KB · Views: 0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads