Using 3 dropdown list to generate result in 4th cell based on selections

bmores

HI
I have 3 dropdown lists that I would to be able to select from each one to produce one result in another cell. I have tried ifs and ors formulas which only work for the first result option and not for the other 2 options that could be a result.

i.e. The result options are Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk. The columns are requested funding, motivation option and education level.

Any suggestions how to allow people to choose from each dropdown to display one result?

The dropboxes are the second row.

Any help appreciated!!

Attach files

Attachments

• Bron spreadsheet aa.xlsx
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
The result options are Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk. The columns are requested funding, motivation option and education level.

Any suggestions how to allow people to choose from each dropdown to display one result?
Hello BMORES,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I understand you want to reveal the correspondng Risk Level for a specific combination of choices. However, you forgot to mention that not every level of combinations is covered, for instance, 3 choices don't match a row in Sheet 2! B4 : E27. This may lead to errors, tidy up your data first:
1. Change the main list into a table.
2. Set up dynamic dropdown lists using Create Dynamic Dependent Drop Down List.
3. Name the ranges, so dropdown lists can use data from another sheet.
4. Update formulas to refer to the table instead of fixed ranges.
Adding new entries to the table (MainData) should automatically update everything.
6. Now, enter the below formulas:
In A2: For Financial Method
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(MainData[Financial Method],MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,MainData[Financial Method]),),0)),"")
In B2: Motivational Level
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(MainData[Motivation Level],MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,MainData[Motivation Level]),),0)),"")
In C2: Education Level
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(MainData[Education Level],MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($D$1:  D1,MainData[Education Level]),),0)),"")
In D2: Delivery Method
Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(MainData[Delivery Method],MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($C$1:  D1,MainData[Delivery Method]),),0)),"")
As a result, you obtain your desired results.
Getting results based on drop-down choices-2.png
I am sharing the result Excel file here. Thank you.

Regards,
Yousuf Shovon

Attachments

• BMores[Solved].xlsx
    15.7 KB · Views: 0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members